It has been quite a week yet again. We have been working away on a number of key initiatives assessing the following (and as we've been curating our Twitter Channel) as these key developments have ensued:
- The Trump Administration continues to implement its' agenda and works on continuing to form the Government--with so far only 5 Cabinet Officials confirmed & as the looming battle over the Travel Ban is in full effect--and the move against Senator Elizabeth Warren by the US Senate Majority Leader;
- Francois Fillon, the leading conservative candidate in France, is in Trouble and Marie Le Pen continues his rise in the Polls with potential talks of "Frexit" & as the United Kingdom has begun the painful process of "Brexit";
- Israel continues to deal with the aftermath of the latest effort to further undermine the peace effort as the right continues to be in a dominant position and as a potential new conflict in Gaza looms;
- Iran's Supreme Guide (Rahbar-Engelab--or also known in the West as the Supreme Leader), Ayatollah Khamenei, continues his on-going broadsides against the United States on the eve of the 38th Anniversary of the 1979 Iranian Revolution and an election for the Presidency Looms--with the incumbent President, Hassan Rouhani, in trouble--and as the leaders are calling for a massive turnout in support of the Revolution;
- India is in the midst of a major Election Campaign that will be window into the looming re-election campaign of the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi;
- Russia continues its' assertiveness ever more in Ukraine, the Baltic States and the continued assertiveness in Syria
These challenges have left us "virtually breathless". We chose to begin our mid-week by choosing this curated thoughts from +Jonathan Huie that our team found quite timely as we continue our mission to "work to change the conversation about our World":
We can never obtain peace in the outer world
until we make peace with ourselves.
- Dalai Lama
Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.
Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever,
even if your whole world seems upset.
- Saint Francis de Sales
The world has always been in an uproar, and it always will be.
Choose Peace. Choose to live with Peace.
Choose to interact peacefully with everyone -
especially those whose instinct is not to be peaceful.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
You may not seem able to change some outer circumstances
but you can start by changing your inner experience of life and yourself.
- Joy Page